Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Meal Plans & My Crockpot

So I haven't posted meal plans in a couple of months. The reason is because I am odd. When I plan ahead with meals, count my points for Weight Watchers, and budget too strictly, I tend to spend too much on food, get too obsessive about points, and spend more than I normally would. I know, strange. You would think planning ahead would help with that, but I am learning lately that I am weird in ways I never knew. :) When I plan ahead a moderate amount and don't OVER-plan, I do great with all the above items (food budget, dieting, and overall budgeting). Must be my Libra-ness coming through. Everything balanced, not too far in either direction? Who knows. Anyway, that's why no major meal plan.

Every Sunday I look through the pantry/fridge and jot down some meal ideas based on what I have, and make a note of anything I need from the store. I do my shopping on Sunday with my Grocery Game coupons (down to $70/week on groceries! I am getting close to my goal of $50/week!!) and we are set.

Also, someone recommended this site to me and I am LOVING it so far!! Passing it on for anyone who loves to use their crock pot. :) (Thanks Lynette!!)

A Year of CrockPotting

I adore my crockpot, especially during the hotter months when I don't want to be slaving away over a stove. Taking care of food prep in the morning when it's not too hot out is heavenly. Yesterday I made Black Bean & Corn soup for my church's Tuesday night Lent study, from my favorite slow cooker cookbook - Today I am making chalupa from that same cookbook.

I actually have two crockpots - a huge one we got as a wedding gift and a smaller one I picked up a couple of years ago. It's so nice to have something simmering away while I'm playing with Natalie or cleaning or even out and about. It's also nice to have the house smell more and more delicious as the day goes on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment